feedspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/woodturning_216px.png

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Not a good day



It has not been a good day.
I have had an order from a gallery to supply them with 10 coloured Hollow forms 10 wide rimmed coloured bowls and 10 Acrylic pens ready for Easter.
I have about 4 Hollow forms about 4 bowls and no pens so I thought I would make a start today.
It might have been better to have stayed in bed.
The first Hollow form was so thin that when i started sanding i sanded through the side.
The second one come out a mud colour.
I gave up then until about five o clock and I made a nice bowl so all is not lost.

5 comments:

  1. We all have days like this, George. You're not alone. Cut the top off and make a wide-rimmed vase. Good luck with the rest of them.
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi G,

    Keep going mate, you'll get there in the end.

    Looking forward to seeing a group shot of them all done.

    Cheers,

    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andy.
    Thank you for commenting
    It has gone in the bin.If it is spoiled and not perfect i never try and make something else from it I put it down to experiance.
    Hi Lee
    Good to hear from you
    I will do a group shot when i finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi George,

    Sometimes things go wrong, especially when you put yourself under pressure. Another attempt in a different frame of mind and things will go very well for you!

    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jacqui.
    After messing up two hollow forms I had a break from them and did a bowl.
    Sometimes if things are going wrong it pays to stop and do something else.
    Or just have a break and a rest.

    ReplyDelete