As I had a comment on my Number 5 update that it looked complicated probably because I had not explained it well enough I decided to take more pics and see if I could do better.
The next 4 pics are what I did yesterday and I will go through them with you .
In this first pick you can see the Tenons with the holes drilled slightly closer to the shoulder so that when the dowels are driven in it will squeeze the end up tight to the shoulder.
This is where it all went wrong I was lying in bed this morning thinking about how to make this clearer on my Blog when it downed on me I had not elongated the holes in the Mortices to allow for movement.The other end was Ok I could remember doing it.As the whole object of the exercise is to allow for expansion and contraction it had to be put right.
Luckily I was able to drill out the Dowels without doing any damage and start again all part of the learning curve
This is the Pic of the holes from the other end elongated with a rasp and I have done the same on this end.
Loading up the Drum sander with some new 180 Grit abrasive