feedspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/woodturning_216px.png

Saturday 18 November 2017

Four lovely Ladies.

I was asked recently by Elaine if I would like to Tutor herself and three friends for a days woodturning experience.As I do not as a rule teach more than two Students at a time I spoke to my Brother Chris and asked him if he would like to work with me for the day teaching four ladies.Chris and I have worked together many times over the years on building projects and always got on well and worked together well but never teaching woodturning.We both carry out out woodturning very much the same way and having spent a lot of time discussing teaching over the years we both teach about the same.The day went very well the Ladies were great company and we had lots of laughs and the Ladies Elaine,Jane Ilse and Rebecca all went away with beautiful Beech Bowls.
Thank you Ladies we enjoyed your company and hopefully we will see you again some time in the future.

Here are some pics I took during the day.

Left to right Rebecca,Elaine,Jane and Ilse when the arrived.












 We added some texture and colour to the rims to give the Ladies something special to take home.


 Don't they look pleased with themselves and so they should they did well.

3 comments:

  1. George, Sue and Chris made it a lovely day for us, full of laughs but lots
    of knowledge as well. George went out of his way to accommodate all four of
    us even though he usually does two which we really appreciated. We all went
    home with such lovely bowls and an addiction to wood turning. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi George

    Thank you to you and Chris for a great day yesterday - brilliant tuition and an excellent result. My finished bowl is taking pride of place on my coffee table!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. We spent a lovely day with George and his brother Chris making beech bowls. They're very attentive and knowledgeable tutors explaining every stage of the process in detail, I highly recommend the course. Thank you George and Chris for a day of woodturning, politics and philosophy - don't ask what Confusius said according to George..... ."
    Ilse

    ReplyDelete