feedspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/woodturning_216px.png

Tuesday 7 June 2016

Somerset Stories

From this Friday http://somersetcrafts.com/ are having an exhibition called Somerset Stories and all Members have the opportunity to take part.
I had no idea what I could do to take part so I did some research on the internet and came up with some information about The Glastonbury Bowl an Artefact made of bronze that was dug up  when exploring the Iron age Glastonbury village.
As I do not work in bronze I have made my interpretation in wood with orange  Acrylic studs.
The bowl is turned from local Oak ebonised with a vinegar and wire wool mixture.
The base is Oak scorched wire brushed and burnished with a local stone to give some contrast.
This is a picture of the real thing and below is mine.
Wikipedia has a lot of info just look for Glastonbury bowl



No comments:

Post a Comment