feedspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/woodturning_216px.png

Saturday 21 March 2020

Lock down update 3


Removed the Table top from the clamps it has had about 24 hours for the glue to dry
Cut to length with the Radial Arm Saw


 Drum sander set up with 180 grit abrasive.
 One pass through the sander on both sides to make sure it is dead flat.
 As I am going to make the top with Bread board ends. I need to make Tenons on the table top and Mortises on the ends.I thought about creating the Tenons with the Radial Arm saw but decided it would be easier with a Router.This is my Bandsaw fence being used as a guide for the router.The Router is fitted with a strait cutter set at the finished depth and the wood is nibled of a bit at a time until the final guide fence setting is reached.

 That is it 3" Tenons because that is as deep as my Mortiser will reach
 That is both ends done on one side
 Set up now to do the Tenons on the other side but tha is fo my next update.

If you are following this please comment and let me know what you think good or bad.

2 comments:

  1. You really are a talent George. This is splendid. I am looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete