feedspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/woodturning_216px.png

Saturday 20 February 2016

Todays Student Martin

I do not work on a Saturday if I can avoid it but there are times when it is the only day some people can make so I try to be flexible.
Today was one of those days for my Student Martin luckily he was very easy to teach and good company so it was not a chore.
Martin is a teacher in a private school teaching Design and technology so he is quite a hands on sort of person which made the day easy for me.
Todays experience day was a 50th birthday present from his wife Louise .
I have a feeling Martin will be taking up turning as a hobby and I hope he does because he is a natural.
Today Martin turned a beautiful Spalted Beech bowl with a beaded rim scorched and Verdigris waxed.





2 comments:

  1. Dear George.
    Thank you so much for such a fascinating day yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed myself on your wood turning course. It brought back many great memories from when I briefly did turning at school.
    The love and passion you have for the craft and the material itself was clear and your patient approach was inspirational. I am seriously considering taking it up as a hobby. If anyone needs to be inspired to take up a craft or skill, they need not look any further than you.
    Thank you once again. I will be in touch soon.
    With all best wishes.
    Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Martin

    I enjoyed yesterday I think we hit it off and got on well together.
    It made working a Saturday very easy for me as you obviously took to turning like a duck to water.
    It would be a shame if you not take up woodturning as I think you have a real aptitude for it.
    I hope to see you some time in the future if it is only to pop it for a chat and a cuppa
    I expect Louise was pleased with her bowl.

    ReplyDelete