Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Woodworking weekend in Wales









Last weekend I spent the whole weekend demonstrating on Mark Raby's stand and did a demonstration in the demo room.It was an absolutely great weekend but very tiring.It is surprising how being on your feet and entertaining lots of people for two days can wear you out.Throughout the days apart from my solo spot in the demo room I was showing people how to do texturing gilding and colouring.The emphasis was on the Jo Songa's Iridescent paints .My solo spot in the demo room seemed to go down well every seat was taken and a lot were stood up and even crowded in the doorway about 60 watching. I think my being there and demonstrating must have made a big difference as Mark's sales doubled from last year.not bad in these tight times.My Wife Sue helped Lisa and Mark serving the customers and throughly enjoyed herself.
As some of you will know my Wife Sue and I have our holidays in West Wales as we find the people there so warm and welcoming and this weekend was no exception .The laughs and fun we had was unbelievable and good sales as well what more could you ask for.
We are going back on the 18Th and 19Th of August to participate in the Welsh festival of the tree weekend.I am really looking forward to that.This will be at the same venue The Botanic Gardens of Wales near Comarthen West Wales.

Here some pics from the weekend.
There will be more to follow when Lisa Emails them to me.











8 comments:

  1. Hi George - the 3D effect of that blue/purple platter on your lathe in pic 12 and 13 is superb. great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you George it is the Jo Sonja's iridescent paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi George

    Glad you all had a successful weekend and that you will be going back. I am pleased for you and your success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mark.I am waiting for some more pics that I will put up when they arrive

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great weekend George. And that bowl on the lathe is really superb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Adrian.
    That was a Demo bowl I must go on and complete it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi George Thanks for posting the pictures from the welsh weekend we both enjoyed the day.Regards John

    ReplyDelete